Hi, I’m Steve Rodriguez and I’ve been taking the headache out of home inspections since 2003.
And despite being greener than gourd guts when I started, I did have a clear idea of what the perfect home inspection should be like:
- Quick and friendly customer service
- Clear, plain, and easy communication
- A thorough home inspection
- An easy-to-understand report
Then worked toward these goals with pig-headed determination until they transformed Bulldog Professional Inspection Services into the highest rated home inspection company in Kansas City (1).
Because home inspections are the only thing we do.
We don’t do mold.
We don’t do septic.
We don’t do fireplaces, Asbestos, Lead-based paint, or even Radon (we’ll help you order these services from the top companies in town).
Instead, we concentrate our considerable experience and resources on the only thing that really matters – giving you the finest home inspection service possible.
“Steve’s thoroughness was amazing…the most professional inspection process I have ever been through!”
– R. Johannes, Overland Park, KS.
And we take this very seriously.
So while the other guys dabble in other things, we commit our years of laser-focused experience into the areas of your home they overlook to uncover the details they miss.
“This inspector needs a BIG “S” on his shirt…and a cape…great thorough inspection Mr. Rodriguez”
– K. howard, Overland Park, KS.
Here’s What You Get
Exceptional service starts the moment we pick up the phone until our final handshake.
- You are the most important person at your home inspection so we will work around your schedule, answer all your questions, and address all of your concerns.
- A polished home inspection that works with you by combining your input with our unique 1624-item 100% home inspection to shape a remarkably custom experience that will make your next move (and any future maintenance) crystal clear.
- A digital report delivered to you the same day that is complete, comprehensive, written in plain language, easy to navigate, full of digitally enhanced photos, and (almost) as easy to read as a children’s book.
- Free support for as long as you own your home so you’ll never feel lost or confused.
Consider us your personal home inspection advisor.
“It makes me very comfortable knowing that I can contact you in the future with any questions I have”
– S. SILVERS, KANSAS CITY, MO.
What could You Do With an Extra $3000?(3)
Did you know our average customer gets nearly $3000 back after their home inspection?
In the hundreds of follow-up discussions we’ve had over the years, we’ve found that you can expect to get back an average of $2,880 (sometimes upwards of $20,000) in repairs, concessions, and price reduction after your home inspection.
That’s an average return of 556%.(2)
What could you do with that?
New furniture? A family vacation? A couples getaway? New tires? New washer and dryer?
Well, here are just a few recent customers who saw this kind of return (and more):
- Mark S. from Shawnee got a 15-year-old roof completely removed and replaced with a brand new $9,000 40-year roof because hail damage caused water leaks above his living room and dining room ceilings (damage that was missed by a previous home inspector because he didn’t even walk on the roof).
- Steven G. from Lee’s Summit got $6,500 worth of foundation and basement repairs completed before he even moved in, which stopped the water that was leaking through the foundation and creating deadly mold behind the drywall – mold he didn’t even know was there.
- Scott T. is a real estate investor from Colorado who got over $3,100 in plumbing drains professionally replaced in his rental property when it was discovered that his drain lines were cracked and he had a major tree root problem lurking in his front yard.
I could go on and on…
- Oh, then there’s Brandon H. from Liberty who had $4,300 worth of electrical work done before he even closed on the home that included new electrical service and new main panel because the old service was unsafe and the original panel was not only recalled by the manufacturer, but also full of deadly homemade wiring just waiting for the right time to arc, spark, and catch fire.
You get the picture.
“Nice job Steve–you saved me thousands in costly basement repairs. Your professionalism and thoroughness really made an impact”
– M. Wang, Overland Park, KS.
Here’s What We’ll do, exactly
1) Our goal is to help you completely understand the condition of your new home.
Not tell you to buy it.
Not tell you to not buy it.
Those are your decisions, not ours.
But, want to make sure you understand the inspection findings clearly and completely before you leave.
2) We’ll answer all your questions and address any concerns.
Show up, get involved, and ask questions. This is an opportunity to learn from the only person qualified to help you understand your home inside and out.
3) You’ll get the report the same day
The clock’s ticking. We know you’ve got important decisions to make so we’ll never make you wait for your home inspection report.
4) Next, we’ll give you a quick call the next day.
We want to make sure you’re happy and still have no questions after reading your report.
5) Finally, we’ll be available to help you with any problems or questions for as long as you own the home.
“You made things easy to understand
for someone who doesn’t know
much about home repairs.”
– S. Murray, Kansas City, MO.
The 5 things you need to know Before We Work Together
Unfortunately, there’s a lot of mystery and confusion surrounding home inspections:
- What’s included?
- What’s NOT included?
- What should I expect?
Which can create unmet expectations and disappointment later.
So let’s clear the smoke right now:
#1 – I cannot see through walls
Sometimes people expect me to have x-ray vision.
I mean, I get it.
I’d want that, too.
Especially if I was you.
Because it’s the things we can’t see that scare us.
In fact, if I could choose a superpower, X-ray vision would be my second choice.
Talk about cornering the market.
No other home inspector would stand a chance.
Unfortunately, it’s just not possible.
Fortunately, we’ve got your back.
All of our home inspections are guaranteed.
#2 – I’m not the cheapest home inspector in town
This one makes me chuckle.
And here’s why: Anyone searching for the cheapest home inspection thinks they’re all the same.
Like plastic forks.
Or paper napkins.
So getting the lowest price becomes their highest priority.
This is a mucho jumbo mistake.
Because no two home inspectors are the same.
You’re paying for their skill, talent, experience, effort, knowledge, detail, commitment, time, and unique perspective.
And it’s not just what they know – it’s what they do with it.
This is why you choose a passionate professional who understands the importance of their work and will protect you and your family from a time wasting, life sucking, bank-account-draining money pit.
And if you didn’t know this yet, they’re not cheap.
Besides, this is one of the biggest investments you’ll ever make and the place your family will call home.
So don’t risk it over a few bucks.
Because this is a decision you’ll live with for as long as you own your home.
Remember, good inspections aren’t cheap and cheap inspections aren’t good.
#3 – I’m not psychic (unfortunately)
I can’t predict the future.
And as much as I want to, it’s not possible (this superpower would be my first choice).
I’ll never be able to tell you if something will break, leak, or crack within the next hour let alone the next week, month, or year.
I wish I could, but I can’t.
I can only tell you if anything has happened between the time the home was built and the moment it’s inspected.
Some people don’t understand this – or won’t accept it – but, they must – just like you.
But, it’s not all fire and brimstone.
Because we take your home inspection seriously.
If something pops up or falls through the cracks after you move in we’ll be here to work with you and find a solution.
#4 – I’m not perfect
Man, my ex-wife would have fun with this one.
And this should come as no surprise to you because nobody is.
Not even a serious professional who’s spent their entire life improving their skills (hey, pro baseball players can make millions only getting it right 25% of the time).
Sometimes I’m late and sometimes things get missed, information gets misunderstood, and people get upset.
It doesn’t happen often these days, but they’re still an occupational hazard.
And I’m not embarrassed to say I’ve messed up plenty in my career:
“What do you get when a new home inspector and a garage door meet a 12-pack of soda?”
But, I don’t take my mistakes lightly (you don’t get far in life if you do).
In fact, this is why I have insurance, warranties, and guarantees.
So if something goes wrong later you can relax knowing we can talk about it and work toward a real, fair solution.
If it’s something I missed I’ll take responsibility, make it right, learn the lesson, and move on.
It’s nothing personal.
The only perfect home inspector is one who’s never actually inspected a house – and you don’t want to be on the receiving end of their first big mistake.
“This is my second time using Steve. I will continue to use him. He is professional, helpful, very knowledgeable, and a “must have” when making a home purchase.”
– B. Thompson, Blue Springs, MO.
#5 – Finally, if something goes wrong after your inspection please don’t take it personally
Regardless of what some people think, we care about you and your home.
But home inspections are not an exact science.
They’re a combination of finesse, skill, experience, talent, and training.
And no matter how gifted the inspector, how thorough the inspection, or how hard he tries, things will inevitably go wrong later.
It’s just a matter of time.
Nobody’s perfect and no one can predict the future.
And apart from a house already being immensely complex, its most important parts are often hidden inside walls, under floors, above ceilings, and behind insulation.
Not to mention all the furniture, appliances, TVs, clothes, boxes, and shelves (which we can’t move, by the way) that get in the way of everything else we want to see, touch, and feel.
This all creates some pretty big obstacles, but an experienced home inspector will develop an intuition that allows him to find most of these hidden problems, anyway.
But as I said before…it’s impossible for a home inspector to find everything wrong with your home or know when something might break, crack or leak.
So if something goes wrong after your home inspection, don’t forget that your home inspector is only human and did the best he could.
Next, contact him and try to work out a reasonable solution to get the issue resolved.
Still Here? Good. Here’s My Challenge To You:
You have nothing to lose. We provide a simple money back guarantee (If you show up and get involved, but don’t feel it’s worth your time or money you don’t pay us – period).
In fact, I’ll even pay for your next home inspection. So all the risk is on me (that’s no misprint).
Pretty simple, right?
So go ahead and make the call…I know you’ll be thrilled.
President/Certified Master Inspector®
Bulldog Professional Inspection Services
(1)According to 2015-2019 Google Reviews
(2)Based on our current home inspection pricing
(3)This is not a promise or guarantee. Results always vary.